(KFGO/KNFL) Minot’s Darik Dissette was the unanimous for the 2023 Mr. Basketball award presented by the North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association. The award is given to the top senior player in the state.
Dissette received all 27 first-place votes. He scored over 1750 points in his career, helping the Magicians to a state title in 2021. He averaged 27.7 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.0 steals per game in his senior season.
Dissette will play collegiately at NDSU.
Other finalists include Dickinson’s Alex Dvorak, Powers Lake-Burke Central’s Tyson Enget, Bismarck Century’s Ryan Erikson, Red River’s Zach Kraft and North Border’s Ayden Stainbrook.
- Darik Dissette, Minot, 135 points, 27 first place votes (unanimous)
- Ryan Erikson, Bismarck Century, 30 points
- Alex Dvorak, Dickinson, 28 points
- Zach Kraft, Grand Forks Red River, 23 points
- Ayden Stainbrook, North Border, 15 points
- Tyson Enget, Powers Lake-Burke Central, 12 points