Allianz Partners’ SmartBenefits System Serves Two Millionth Customer

1 min


164
103 shares, 164 points

Award-winning travel insurance and assistance provider Allianz Partners announced an impressive milestone this week, revealing that its proactive payment system SmartBenefits has covered more than two million customers since its inception in 2018.

Additionally, Allianz’s young program has monitored more than 200,000 flight itineraries.

SmartBenefits actively monitors customers’ flights and issues automatic payments after qualifying flight and baggage delays. The Allianz feature is available on plans offered by travel advisors and purchased through the company’s consumer website.

“We’re proud to announce that we’ve covered our two-millionth customer with our innovative SmartBenefits proactive payment system,” Richard Aquino, Vice President and Head of Sales at Allianz Partners USA, said in a statement. “Our customers told us they wanted faster claim filing and expanded benefits, so we created a platform that automatically sends same-day fixed-amount payments for qualifying travel and baggage delays. Our travel advisor partners have provided extremely positive feedback that tells us that their clients appreciate our fast, no hassle claim payments.”

According to Allianz, travel delay comprises approximately 83 percent of claims paid through SmartBenefits while baggage delay makes up the remaining 17 percent.

When a customer purchases a travel insurance plan featuring SmartBenefits, they’ll be asked to enter their flight information on allianztravelinsurance.com or via the TravelSmart mobile app. If working with a travel advisor, the information can be entered through AgentMax Online. From there, Allianz will monitor customers’ flights and send a text message or email letting the customer know they are eligible for an automatic claim payment of $100 per insured person in the event that the airline announces a qualified delay.

Meanwhile, a customer experiencing a qualifying baggage delay can submit proof of the delay to receive an automatic $100 payment. If more is needed to cover essential items, clients can file a claim and include their receipts to receive a payment up to the maximum of their benefit.

Travelers have a trio of options when it comes to receiving the benefits, including by check within 5-10 business days, a debit card payment sent once the claim has been approved and a direct deposit payment arriving within 2-5 business days.

Source: TravelPulse


Like it? Share with your friends!

164
103 shares, 164 points

What's Your Reaction?

Cute Cute
13
Cute
Fun Fun
5
Fun
Hate Hate
26
Hate
Confused Confused
16
Confused
Fail Fail
8
Fail
Geeky Geeky
2
Geeky
Love Love
21
Love
OMG OMG
16
OMG
Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format