Royal family ‘hugely nervous’ about Prince Harry’s memoir: It’s a ‘time bomb’

2 min


185
124 shares, 185 points

The royal family is “hugely nervous” about Prince Harry’s memoir, a royal biographer says.

Tom Bower, who wrote “Revenge: Meghan, Harry and the War Between the Windsors,” tells Page Six in an exclusive new interview that the Duke of Sussex’s upcoming book is a “time bomb.”

We previously reported that Harry, 38, is desperate to rewrite the book in the wake of Queen Elizabeth II’s death last month, wanting to “take out or downplay” what he wrote about King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla, Prince William and Kate Middleton.

But Bower doesn’t think that can happen.

“I think that everybody knows that the Sussexes can’t amend the book in any way,” he opines. “Can they make it nastier? Because otherwise, we wouldn’t get sales.”

Harry’s memoir, originally scheduled for release from Penguin Random House in November, has already been pushed back until sometime next year.

Bower says chatter in London has the book coming out around “Easter and will include in it a chapter on the [Queen’s] funeral.”

“And they’ll just be more material about how they were snubbed and all the rest of the invective against the royal family,” he adds. “So I think to that extent, the delay will add to the poison.”

Queen Consort Camilla, King Charles III, Prince William and Kate Middleton posing together in Buckingham Palace.
The palace recently released this photo of Queen Consort Camilla, King Charles III, Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Chris Jackson/AP

Many royal experts have said that Charles, 73, is holding off on whether he will bestow the title of prince and princess to Harry and Markle’s children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, until the couple’s various media projects are released.

Harry and Markle, 41, have also been working on a Netflix docuseries for more than a year.

Harry and Meghan Markle are also working on a Netflix docuseries.

WireImage

Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee 2022 - National Service of Thanksgiving

Harry and Meghan Markle are also working on a Netflix docuseries.

Getty Images

Up Next

The “Maleficent” star and her 14-year-old were spotted loading groceries…

Page Six reported that the duke and duchess have also wanted to re-edit the series, which Netflix had hoped to air in December following the fifth season of “The Crown” on Nov. 9. Such edits “would potentially push back its release until later in 2023,” a source said.

Harry and Markle tied the knot in May 2018 and resigned from their royal duties less than two years later amid claims that the former actress and their kids faced racial bias and that she had contemplated suicide while pregnant with Archie.

They eventually moved to California and signed lucrative deals with Spotify and Netflix.


Like it? Share with your friends!

185
124 shares, 185 points

What's Your Reaction?

Cute Cute
21
Cute
Fun Fun
13
Fun
Hate Hate
8
Hate
Confused Confused
24
Confused
Fail Fail
16
Fail
Geeky Geeky
10
Geeky
Love Love
2
Love
OMG OMG
24
OMG
Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format